Thursday, July 12, 2018

Teletherapy: How to Create Game Stamps in Adobe Acrobat Reader Part 1

As a novice telepractioner, saving money is important. Learning how to utilize game boards I had already made to use in my former brick and mortar school in Adobe Acrobat Reader has been critical. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and allows you to view and mark up PDF's. After downloading Acrobat Reader, the next step is creating or saving game boards as PDF's. When a game board PDF is opened in Acrobat Reader, you will see some tools on right side. Select the comment icon, which adds another tool bar at the top.

.








The Stamp Tool allows you to select a stamp, which is essentially a mini-pdf, size it down small, and use it as a game piece that can be moved about a game board. The next step is the part that gave me fits. I could not understand how to upload my own game stamps. I didn't realize that you could not upload images, such as JPG's and PNG's. Game stamps have to be PDF's. Huh? 

This is how you do it. Open a word document in portrait. Insert an image in the upper middle part of the document. Now save that word document, with your image in the middle, as a PDF. I like to save the PDF's using names like Easter game piece 1.  My students enjoy seasonal game stamps, game stamps that match the theme of the game, and stamps made from images of their pets. 

In How to Create Game Stamps in Adobe Acrobat Reader Part 2, I will show you how to save your PDF images in Acrobat then use them as game pieces with PDF game boards.  













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Martin Speech-Language and Literacy LLC and taking the time to offer a comment.