Friday, July 13, 2018

Getting Started in Teletherapy

As I was listening to Episode 2: Expert Advice from Tracy Sippl  from Andee Szwabowski's podcast, I heard them discuss how often SLP's asked them to explain the way to get started in telepractice. I began thinking how powerful it was to hear details of Tracy's personal journey. Listening to individual stories helped me to wrap my head around teletherapy. When I heard the stories of others, I listened and looked for pieces of myself. Listening to personal experiences of practicing teletherapists often answered "nuts and bolts" questions and helped me to formulate new questions. I pondered how I could model their successes and learn from their struggles. I thought about how to synthesize what I knew with what I was learning. As a newbie teletherapist myself, with only one year of experience, I encourage telepractice-curious or just-signed-a-contract SLP's to listen to Andee's podcasts. Take notes, write down your questions, and reflect on them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Martin Speech-Language and Literacy LLC and taking the time to offer a comment.